Monday, October 26, 2009

THEY'RE MARRIED!


Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Brinton and Ashley Cary of Bend, Oregon. 

Decades ago one of my weekly tasks as a news editor for a small community newspaper was to write the wedding stories.  I had so little patience with the mothers of the bride and bridegroom who wanted every little detail included...from the everlasting description of the bride's dress to the "delicious refreshments," the "gorgeous flowers" and the impressive honeymoon destination. I was certain the women had never had another exciting moment in their lives.  WELL....

It's a good thing that newspaper aren't publishing those kinds of articles anymore because I spent last night writing about my grandson's wedding (thinking it, not actually putting it on paper!) and I am sure that it would have been a 50 page manuscript when completed!  I am now walking in the shoes of those women I found so irritating...and I'm only one of several grandmothers.  :-)

So I will refrain from publishing my version of the wonderful day and simply say that this was a beautiful wedding and my grandson chose well.  All of you in our extended family now have another cousin or niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment